At CGArc, the health and well-being of the members, staff, families/stakeholders and communities is our highest priority. As concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) mount we want to assure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and taking additional precautions to keep our members and employees safe.
CGArc’s leadership will continue to make informed decisions led by best practices and factual updates from trusted sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization and Arizona Department of Health Services. We have taken the following measures across our program sites as added precautions:
- Program outings will be limited to areas with a low concentration of people and limited opportunities for exposure, i.e., Parks, trails, and other outdoor activities as weather permits. (Note that tests have shown that fresh air is a natural disinfectant and promotes good health)
- Due to the current strain on medical facilities, routine medical procedures (physical exam, etc.), will be postponed
- Staff will be particularly diligent in supporting Program Members in assuring good hygiene is used at all times
- For members engaged in community integrated employment, CGArc staff will contact those employers for guidance on their pandemic policies and respond accordingly
- While addressing the shortage of necessary supplies, we are working to enhance our cleaning and disinfecting procedures in all locations and deploying additional hand sanitizer, antibacterial cleaning supplies and gloves for our staff to wear when providing support to our members.
- We have advised staff members not to come to work if they are feeling ill
What You Can Do
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and follow other recommended by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- If you or anyone in your circle have symptoms of the virus, stay home and seek medical help
In addition to this information, CGArc has initiated a comprehensive Coronavirus Response Plan which can be made available upon request.
Although these are challenging times for all of us, we are confident that our programs will continue to be safe. We will continue to monitor the situation daily and follow advice from the CDC and other health organizations in order to ensure everyone’s safety.
As always, we appreciate your business and patience and look forward to continuing to serve you.